What Type of a Change Agent Are You? Being an effective change agent is not an easy task. Individuals need to continuously analyze their competencies and ensure that competency-related improvements are made. In Table 8.1, attributes of change leaders and change managers are discussed. For this assignment, read Chapter 8 and its entirety and explain the following information:
- Do you feel like you are a change agent or a change manager? Explain and justify your rationale.
- If you stated that you are a change manager, how can you further develop into a change leader? If you believe that you are a change leader, what developmental stage do you believe that you are in?
- As noted, in your textbook, there are four types of change leaders. Based upon your knowledge, skills, and abilities, what types of change leaders do you view yourself to be? How does this type of change leader align or differ from the type of change leader your organization would hire? Explain.
- Do you believe you could modify your change approach to meet the needs of an organization? Why or why not?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, which does not include the title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check – Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
Chapter 8 in Organizational Change: An Action-Oriented Toolkit
Hartge, T., Callahan, T., & King, C. (2019). Leaders’ behaviors during radical change processes: Subordinates’ perceptions of how well leader behaviors communicate change. International Journal of Business Communication, 56(1), 100–121.
Jackson, R. A. (2019). The right path. Internal Auditor, 76(3), 24.
Minahan, M., & Forrester, R. (2020). Exactly how do you … Use yourself. Organization Development Review, 52(1), 8-16.