Training Magazine recognizes the Top 100 companies (Links to an external site.) that excel at training and developing employees each year. The award has a new name, and it’s now called Training APEX Awards (as of 2022).
At the time of this assignment – the Top 100 companies are in alphabetical order. The complete list can be accessed here (Links to an external site.). Examples of companies on the list include:
- Cardinal Health
- CVS Health
- Edward Jones
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- NYC Health + Hospitals
- Paychex, Inc.
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Two Men and a Truck International
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Directions: Choose one of these companies from the list to research. Notably, 10 companies are included above; however, you can select any company on the list. We will check to ensure the company you’ve selected appears on the list.
Visit the company’s website and/or look for references in publications such as Training Magazine, Workforce, or HR Magazine. In total, you need at least two references to complete the research report.
Please select ONE of the following areas to research, and write about it in your assignment:
- Choice A: Training Programs. Provide specific examples of TWO training programs and state which employees attend (e.g., leaders, frontline associates, customer service reps). Also, describe the focus of the training program.
- Choice B Training Delivery. Provide specific examples of TWO ways training is delivered (e.g., online courses, virtual-instructor-led, in-person) at the company. Explain the benefits of using those two training delivery methods.
Finally, if available, state the amount of money the company devotes to training and the total number of employees trained. This information should be provided whether you select Choice A or Choice B.