- Review the Learning Resources for this week.
- Reflect on the psychopharmacologic treatments that you have covered up to this point that may be available to treat patients with mental health disorders.
- Consider the potential effects these psychopharmacologic treatments may have on co-existing mental health conditions and/or their potential effects on your patient’s overall health.
Address the following Short Answer prompts for your Assignment. Be sure to include references to the Learning Resources for this week.
- In 3 or 4 sentences, explain the appropriate drug therapy for a patient who presents with MDD and a history of alcohol abuse. Which drugs are contraindicated, if any, and why? Be specific. What is the timeframe that the patient should see resolution of symptoms?
- List 4 predictors of late onset generalized anxiety disorder.
- List 4 potential neurobiology causes of psychotic major depression.
- An episode of major depression is defined as a period of time lasting at least 2 weeks. List at least 5 symptoms required for the episode to occur. Be specific.
- List 3 classes of drugs, with a corresponding example for each class, that precipitate insomnia. Be specific.
- Provide 3 references