This week you will search the literature in the school databases for article within 5 years of today’s date, that are appropriate for your PICOT question. The article is a QUALITATIVE research study.
- Read the first few sentences of methods section of your articles to assess what type of article you have
- Critique each article using the appropriate Appraisal Forms. The form takes you through a reflection on WHY was research done-HOW was research done and WHAT was found.
- Review rubric carefully to ensure all questions have been answered. Points are deducted for articles not loaded or if incorrect type of article submitted.
- All answers to questions are brief and only 1- 2 sentences. Example: What group produced the guideline? Answer: US Preventive Services Task Force develops recommendations about preventive services based on a review of high-quality scientific evidence and publishes its recommendations on its website and or in a peer reviewed journal
- Avoid any copying and pasting 7 or more words of content from the article or another source. Use your own words to create your answers. APA is not required for content of answers on template
- APA is only required for your citation on the template.