I’m working on a health & medical discussion question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
Name the seven domains of the global health core competency model developed by the ASPPH in collaboration with the AACN, and has shown the interrelationship of this model to the AACN DNP Essentials V through VII.
How to solve
Population, health, epidemiology
Nursing Assignment Help
Introduction: The global health core competency model developed by the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) in collaboration with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) outlines key competencies that healthcare professionals need to possess in order to effectively address global health challenges. This model also reflects the interrelationship with the AACN Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Essentials V through VII, which are essential for the education of nurse practitioners.
The seven domains of the global health core competency model and their interrelationship with the AACN DNP Essentials V through VII are as follows:
1. Global Burden of Disease: This domain focuses on understanding the impact of diseases and conditions on populations globally. It involves recognizing the social, political, economic, and environmental determinants of health that contribute to the global burden of disease. This domain aligns with AACN DNP Essential V, which emphasizes the integration of science and practice to improve health outcomes.
2. Determinants of Health: This domain explores the various factors that influence health, including social, cultural, economic, and environmental determinants. It emphasizes the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration and working with diverse populations to address health disparities. This aligns with AACN DNP Essential VI, which underscores the need for advanced practice nurses to collaborate with other professionals and organizations to improve health and healthcare.
3. Health Systems: This domain focuses on understanding the organization, financing, and delivery of healthcare systems globally. It emphasizes the need for healthcare professionals to have a comprehensive understanding of healthcare systems and their impact on population health outcomes. This aligns with AACN DNP Essential VI, which emphasizes understanding and working within healthcare systems to improve patient-centered care.
4. Communicable Diseases: This domain addresses the prevention, control, and management of communicable diseases globally. It emphasizes the importance of surveillance, outbreak investigations, and interventions to prevent the spread of diseases. This domain aligns with AACN DNP Essential VI, which emphasizes the use of evidence-based practice to improve healthcare outcomes.
5. Non-Communicable Diseases: This domain focuses on addressing the increasing burden of non-communicable diseases globally, such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes, and mental health disorders. It emphasizes the implementation of prevention strategies, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and management of chronic conditions. This aligns with AACN DNP Essential VII, which emphasizes the promotion of health and prevention of disease.
6. Environmental Health: This domain explores the impact of the physical environment on human health, including exposure to environmental hazards, climate change, and disasters. It emphasizes the need for healthcare professionals to assess and mitigate environmental risks to protect population health. This domain aligns with AACN DNP Essential V, which emphasizes the integration of science to provide evidence-based care.
7. Human Rights and Ethics: This domain addresses the ethical considerations and human rights principles in global health. It emphasizes respect for cultural diversity, social justice, and the ethical responsibilities of healthcare professionals when working in global health settings. This domain aligns with AACN DNP Essential VII, which emphasizes ethical and socially responsible practice.
In conclusion, the global health core competency model developed by ASPPH in collaboration with AACN outlines seven domains that are essential for healthcare professionals engaged in global health work. These domains demonstrate their interrelationship with the AACN DNP Essentials V through VII, which are crucial for the education of nurse practitioners. By integrating these competencies into their education and practice, healthcare professionals can effectively address global health challenges and contribute to the improvement of population health outcomes worldwide.