Developing a Presentation
For this discussion, adhere to the FEM guidelines as you address the following scenario:
Your team has been asked to develop a presentation for a public health conference on a current chronic disease or health issue. You have been asked to develop a poster presentation and provide a speech. You know very little about this conference or the needs for the presentation and speech. You and your team will be required to conduct some research to identify the requirements for this request.
Possible topics to consider for the presentation include:
- Vaccine-preventable diseases (measles, mumps, varicella).
- Heart disease.
- Other topics related to a current chronic disease or health issue.
Describe the topic you have selected for your presentation. Then, develop a series of questions designed to obtain the information you need to respond to this request.
Include one academic reference in your post. Use current APA style and formatting appropriate to the type of reference you provide. This discussion will help you prepare for the assignment in the next unit.
Read and respond to your peers’ discussion posts according to FEM guidelines. Provide potential answers to the questions the learners included in their posts.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Analyze the tasks needed to prepare a presentation.
- Analyze the skills needed to develop a presentation.
Expert Solution Preview
Introduction: Developing a presentation for a public health conference on a current chronic disease or health issue requires thorough research. In this scenario, the team has been requested to develop a poster presentation and provide a speech, but there are no definite details on the specific needs for the presentation. Thus, the team will need to conduct research and identify the exact requirements of the request. This discussion will analyze the chosen topic and suggest questions to obtain the necessary information for the presentation.
Cancer is a severe health issue affecting millions of people worldwide, and different cancer types have emerged over recent years. For this presentation, we will focus on lung cancer, which is among the leading causes of cancer-related deaths.
Questions to Obtain Information:
1. Can you provide information on the target audience for the presentation?
2. What is the theme of the conference?
3. What is the time allocated for the presentation?
4. What is the format of the speech, and how long should it take?
5. Have there been any recent statistics on lung cancer in the target audience’s area?
6. What is the annual mortality rate of lung cancer patients for the past five years in the target audience’s area?
7. Are there any advancements in the treatment of lung cancer over the past two years?
8. Are there any clinical trials for new lung cancer treatments?
9. What are some preventative measures for lung cancer?
10. What are the long-term effects of lung cancer treatment on patients?
American Cancer Society. (2021). Cancer facts and figures. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/research/cancer-facts-and-statistics/annual-cancer-facts-and-figures/2021/cancer-facts-and-figures-2021.pdf.
The American Cancer Society provides detailed information on cancer statistics and facts annually. Their recent 2021 facts and figures report presents significant data on cancer types and their impact on various populations.
#Grambling #State #University #Public #Health #Presentation