Develop a plan for continuing education in psychopharmacology.
Familiarize yourself with various learning resources and continuing education opportunities including but not limited to reference books, clinical journals, newsletters, professional organizations, conferences, CME events, local psychiatry grand rounds, psychiatry podcasts (several universities podcast their grand rounds).
- Identify the resources that you find most useful. What do you like about them?
- Which resources are appropriate for use on a routine basis for point of care clinical information?
- Which resources are helpful for staying current with emerging information in psychopharmacology?
- Which resources are useful for in depth learning on topics of interest?
- What is the feasibility of these resources in terms of cost, time and travel?
- Develop a continuing education plan. This is your commitment to independent learning. Identify the actions that you plan to take:
- On a routine basis, when questions arise at point of care.
- On a weekly or monthly basis – subscriptions, online readings, etc.
- On an annual basis, such as conferences or symposiums.
- Include resources that will provide a meet a variety of learning needs – guide clinical decision making at point of care, provide current information on new drugs or new safety information and deepen your understanding of particular topics.
- Write a summary of your plan. How do your chosen resources support your learning goals? Why did you choose them?
- Please provide references and links to your educational resources.
- Submit your plan to Moodle.
The main ideas are to:
- Identify your psychopharmacology learning goals. Research available resources including journals, newsletters, lecture series (such as grand rounds), conferences. Then, create a learning plan to meet your learning goals.
- Note when you would like to complete each goal and the feasibility of the time range.
- Note future plans for your continuing education that would allow to reach your goals.
Your assignment should be in APA format with evidence-based references to support your statements.