- Conduct a case study analysis on the information management system (IMS) of a company you choose and write a 5-6 page white paper for the executive management team to show the importance of continuing to invest in the company’s supply chain IMS.
Meeting customer demands and high efficiencies are the goals of the majority of supply chains, and companies strive to develop sustainable long-term supply chain solutions. You will show the importance of continuing to invest in the company’s supply chain information management system (IMS) in this assessment.
In this assessment, you will write a white paper to be presented to the executive management team to show the importance of continuing to invest in the company’s supply chain information management system.
For your white paper, you may use the same company you selected for another assessment or select a different company from this list:
- L. L. Bean.
- Conduct your research and write about the selected company’s information management system (IMS). Include the following:
- Analyze the company’s information management system and relate the IMS to the company’s business objectives.
- Analyze how technology is used for managing the company’s transportation and warehousing network using relevant examples.
- Analyze how the company’s IMS provides a competitive advantage over competition and summarize the unique features which create customer satisfaction.
- Analyze how the IMS helps coordinate between supply chain partners and provide an example of how the coordination leads to exceptional service.
- Analyze how an IMS helps monitor orders and inventory levels and satisfy customers using relevant real world examples.
- Analyze why managing information is equally or more important to the company than moving products by relating the impact of information management to productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
- Submission Requirements
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Format: Submit a professional and well-organized Word document.
- Length: 5–6 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- APA format: Use current APA style and formatting for in-text citations and references. See Evidence and APA for help if you need it.
- References: 3–4 sources are required. As the basis for your research, you can use any of the resources noted in this course, in the Capella library, and on the Internet.
- Note: Use of additional resources will assist in achieving distinguished level ratings.
- Before submission, refer to the scoring guide for insight into the grading criteria for this assessment.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Examine how a supply chain supports an organizational strategy.
- Describe the company’s information management system.
- Competency 2: Assess how to improve supply chain efficiencies.
- Describe how technology is used for managing the company’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Analyze how the company’s IMS provides a competitive advantage over competition.
- Describe how the IMS helps coordinate between supply-chain partners.
- Competency 3: Analyze supply chain systems in order to meet customer demands.
- Explain how an IMS helps monitor orders and inventory levels and satisfy customers.
- Examine why managing information is equally or more important to a company than moving products.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with the expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Convey purpose in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.