Case Analysis: Rick’s New Job DUE TOMORROW JUNE 27 before 12 Midnight CST
Read the Rick’s New Job case analysis at the end of Chapter 3 of the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text. In a three-to-four-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages), respond to the following case questions:
- Explain why Rick was let go and how reinforcement theory applies to this situation.
- Evaluate Rosie and Walter’s reaction to Rick’s computer in terms of resistance to change. Use the concepts in this chapter to explain how Rick might have approached the computer situation to gain acceptance.
- Discuss Rick’s inability to “fit in” using social learning theory. Identify where breakdowns occurred.
- If Val hired you to develop a management training program for the senior managers at PPP, discuss how you would go about designing the program. Provide appropriate theoretical rationale to support your position.
Your paper must be formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. Your paper must also include citations and references for the Blanchard and Thacker (2019) text and at least two scholarly sources from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. An abstract is not required. Use APA Style elements to format your assignment. For example, the following headings (or equivalent) can be used to identify each section of your paper:
- Reinforcement Theory
- Resistance to Change
- Social Learning Theory
- Designing a Management Training Program
The Case Analysis: Rick’s New Job paper